Monday, April 16, 2012

Late Night Venture.



My first picture of the night.
Such a failure. The night shots are harder than I expected.
Especially, when I tried to copy how others make their street shots. It looks easy and crisp in the picture but the truth is without the help of selective focus, your skill of framing is really important.
Like mine, pictures always turned out to be very pointless.
This blurry shot is even better than a lot of my other attempts. At least it's clear about what I have done in it.




I suggested my roommate this night visit to downtown Victoria because I want to try out my new camera. I adore the scenery of late night downtown in Victoria with its lack of population and amply full of light decoration. It is just beautiful.


We went to the Empress Fairmont hotel for some drinks. Initially she wanted to get some cocktail. But I am not in a mood for alcohol. We both got hot chocolate instead. (Something that's off the men.)  The waitress is super nice. They are not the best looking one but their service is high quality. I like people who are passionate about their job who also work with a sort of pride in them.



A pretty vase by the tea area. 



After the hot choco, we went closer to the parliament building. There we met a nice security named Pete who is from Scotland. He suggested us to dine in the "Dining Room" in the building and had a nice chat with us.

On our way back, our bus driver also offered us a ride back to our unit even though it is not his job to do so since the late bus doesn't run on that route.

Humanity restored a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment